I know I promised to not take forever to post an update, but life got extremely busy. We had a few stressful moments (thankfully everyone is okay!) and some wonderful ones! To sum everything up, I’ve started running again – in my vibrams! I can’t believe I’ve been living by the seawall for so long and haven’t been running on it! My goal is to be able to run 10km like it’s no big deal. I currently run ~7km twice a week and run on the treadmill on other days. I last about 20 minutes on the treadmill as it’s probably one of the most boring experiences ever! Running outside is everything!
It’s also come to my attention that sitting on my butt for 8 hours a day is not good for leaning out – not even when you are doubling up your workouts! So, I’ve started walking to and from work AND going on walks at lunch. My feet were super sore the first couple of days and I think I’ll have to take the walks a little easier as my knees aren’t used to walking so much. I’ve also been in a workout funk, so I increased the amount of times I see my trainer to prevent a total “eat-everything-I-see” meltdown. I. Hate. Chicken. Seriously. There are days where I would literally KILL for a pizza and suffer after as I’m lactose intolerant. Ugh.
Anyways, I used my love for creating spreadsheets and lists to set new goals for myself for the month of June. This is also my birthday month, so this will be very difficult but I will do my best to not beat myself up for slipping a little.
– One cheat MEAL a week (not an eat-everything-you-see day) AND be consistent in logging meals
– Weight train 4 times a week – hopefully my new resistance bands for assisted pull-ups will help motivate me!
– Run every morning. Even if it’s for 20 minutes.
– Run outside at least once a week.
– Drink water. Like, actually drink it.
– Mix up my meals a little. No more plain chicken with veggies. I will be more creative in the kitchen even if it hinders my gains by a little. I’d rather enjoy my meals than go nuts!
– If you know you’re going to be tempted to eat badly, bring your own food and ignore the haters. I can’t even count the number of times people have told me I’m “too skinny” or “too strict” because I take care of myself. Since when is it okay to tell someone to eat really badly? I know I’m not fat, but I also know that I work really hard to be fit.
– Give your husband $20 every time you skip a workout, eat an unplanned cheat meal or forget to prep meals for the day (unless you have a really good excuse).
Hope you guys are having a good week!
PS – Today is my dear cousin-sister’s birthday and I wish I was in Calgary with her to celebrate! Happy Birthday Feefs!